Nowata CAN is hiring for a TSET HLP Business/Cities & Gov’t./Chamber of Commerce Sector Coordinator! Resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
TITLE: TSET HLP GRANT DIRECTOR
Business / City Government Sector
PROFILE SOURCE: Executive Professional
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
Employee will be responsible for working with city governments and businesses to create or update wellness policies which will include support for tobacco free living, healthy eating and active living. This role will also fulfill services to be provided by Nowata CAN to the Nowata Area Chamber of Commerce, as specified by a joint services contract between the two entities.
- Will work to help promote the adoption of tobacco-free policies in businesses and improve the nutritional profile of foods in stores and businesses.
- Provide education, benefits and sample language to put health improvement policies into place.
- Will provide basic front office tasks such as telephone & email reception, basic website management & development for the Chamber of Commerce.
- Promotion of new membership & management of existing Chamber membership.
- Provide support & organization of the local events which are facilitated by the Chamber, some of which may require participation during non-business hours.
Relationship with TSET
- Work alongside TSET Director to coordinator and implement TSET programs as described in work plans
- Work with Program Officer to manage contract budget
- Provide monthly reporting for UPAER for evaluation of HLP program
- Participate in TSET events, site visits, meetings, conferences and trainings
- Knowledge of work in tobacco control, physical activity and nutrition, using and integrated approach in the 4 sectors, (business, school, community organizations, and city government).
- Competence in problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiation
- Capacity to review, analyze and use program and health-related data to make decisions and develop strategies to improve program performance
- Experience in community leadership and political processes
- Administrative/management skills
- The ability to work collaboratively
- Must demonstrate self-efficacy, flexibility and the ability to see the big picture along with trustworthiness, patience, energy and hope.
- Minimum education for this position is a high school diploma. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Coordinator may be assigned to assist other CAN grant coordinators on projects that relate to the TSET HLP and improving health outcomes in Nowata County. In addition to TSET HLP requirements, will be expected to participate in CAN sponsored activities including the Community Garden, Garden Market, monthly coalition board meetings, and other community events.